The teaching mission in this Northern Alberta community began when a new
four-room Rosary School opened in 1952.
During the 28 years as a mission, 13 Sisters taught at the school, with
three Sister teachers over the 1957-1969 period after the expansion of
the school, including an auditorium. The first Grade 12 class graduated
Two other aspects of the mission evolved when Sister Mary Harding worked
as a nurses’ aide at the Manning Municipal Hospital (1970-1973). After
Sister Anna Green, also an artist, arrived in 1961, the basement of the
Sisters’ residence was converted into a studio, where she taught oil
painting to interested local women. This artists group met until the
mission closed in 1980.